Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goddamnit, Teri Hemmert

Well, I literally got through 3 songs on XRT's Breakfast with the Beatles this morning before loudly telling Teri Hemmert to fuck off and changing the station.

Seriously. Here I am, driving back from O'Hare after dropping B-ri off at Air Canada, and up pops Breakfast with the Beatles. And I'm all like, "AWESOME! Nothing but Beatles...the womb-dweller will LOVE this".
Oh, how quickly I do forget.
We started off strong with Rubber Soul's "I'm Looking Through You". I'm smiling and singing and hoping the womb creature wakes up and starts moving around. I'm all pumped about what's gonna be up next...
It's some 9 minute Paul McCartney shit the bed solo suck fest.
I suffer through it thinking the next one will SURELY be a reliable Beatles classic. NOPE. Some weird ass I'm not even kidding elevator version of With a Little Help From My Friends.
I'm sorry, I thought I was listening to Breakfast with the Beatles. Not Breakfast with Paul McCartney's craptastic solo career and random inconsequential cover bands.

Fuck you, Teri Hemmert.
And fuck you, Breakfast with the Beatles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tomoe said...

Look at you, thinking the way I do, about Breakfast with the Beatles. I gave up on the show because of that (I no longer live in Chicago, but CA has the same show).

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home